With this Friendly Nations Visa, citizens of specific countries, with economic or professional ties to Panama, can apply for their residency.
Friendly Nations Visa: Recent adjustments:
- This permit will be granted in 2 stages. A first stage that grants provisional residence of 2 years and a second stage, that grants permanent residence.
- Theis eliminated option of being able to request this residence permit for investment reasons as holder of a certificate of shares of a Panamanian company.
- This residence permit may be requested for work reasons when being hired in a Panamanian company and for investment reasons when owning a real estate in Panama.
For work reasons you must provide:
- Letter of employment from the employing company certifying the position, the salary and the commitment to assume the repatriation expenses, as the case may be.
- Certificate from the Public Registry of Panama of the employing company.
- Notice of Operations of the employing company.
- For the approval of the residence permit, the work permit must be processed before the Ministry of Labor and Labor Development.
For investment reasons, you must provide:
- Certificate from the Public Registry of Panama that proves the ownership of the real estate in a personal capacity (or of a company – foundation, etc.) of the applicant, and the minimum value of B /. 200,000.00 of real estate, which may be financed through a local bank.
Friendly Nations Visa Common Requirements are:
- complete copy of the passport, apostilled or authenticated.
- Certificate of criminal records from the country of origin or apostilled or authenticated residence (federal where applicable) valid for 6 months.
- Certificate of good health issued in Panama
- Payment of B / 250.00 in favor of the National Treasury,
- Payment of B / 800.00 to the National Immigration Service, and
- sworn statement of personal history.
- Three (3) passport-size photographs.
- Documentation that demonstrates the purpose of requiring your residence according to the economic or professional activity to be carried out. (for work reasons)
In case of having dependents, you must provide:
- Certification that proves the relationship either through a marriage or birth certificate, as the case may be, a
- letter of responsibility from the applicant towards their dependents.
Regarding the application for Permanent Residence, the same requirements are less the two checks mentioned.
Friendly Nations Visa: Countries Whose Citizens can apply:
|Costa Rica||Croacia||Chipre||República Checa|
|Alemania||Gran Bretaña||Grecia||Hong Kong|
|Sudáfrica||Corea del Sur||España||Suecia|