This notice shows our commitment to protect your privacy rights and establishes the basis on which any personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
It applies to:
- the functions and services of the website / portal that are provided to you when you visit our website;
- when you request any of our services and benefits;
- email, other electronic messages, including SMS, telephone, web chat, website / portal and other communications between you and fergusonlawyer.com
Contact details are at the end of the notice, so that you can send us your comments or any privacy inquiries you may have.
We use the information we collect to provide you with the services we offer, to notify you of changes to our services, and to improve them. We also use this data to provide you with information about services other than us.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We will not disclose your personal data to anyone, except in the cases described in this notice.
We may share your personal information with third parties to prevent crimes and reduce risks, if required by law, at the request of a competent authority.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
In accordance with Panamanian law, we are obliged to keep your information for a minimum of 5 years after the professional relationship ends, after which it will be destroyed. If your information is used for marketing purposes, it will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under data protection law, including the right to access, rectify, update or delete your personal information; oppose or restrict your treatment; request the transfer of some of your personal information to another service provider (called data portability); or revoke any consent you have given.
However, please note that there are exceptions to these rights.
We will only process your personal data when we have one of the following reasons:
- On the basis of your consent, for example to send you marketing messages;
- When necessary to enter into a contract with you and fulfill our obligations under it;
- When we have a legitimate interest, provided that such treatment does not prevail over your own rights and freedoms;
- When we have a legal obligation to collect your personal data or we need your personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- Exceptionally, when necessary in the public interest, for example, when law enforcement agencies request information to investigate a crime.
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, you will be notified by email. Please check back frequently for any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
All comments, inquiries and requests related to our use of your information are welcome. If you wish to exercise any of your rights or receive more information, you must write to our data protection officer at [email protected]
Ferguson & Ferguson
Avenida Ricardo J Alfaro, Dorado City Center, Floor 3, Office 303
Panama City, Republic of Panama